Role type: Full-time
Location: Exeter or London (based at home until we can safely return to offices)
Start date: April 2021
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 (depending on experience)
Experience: 2+ years in a similar role
As part of the development team at Pixel Fridge, you’ll be taking ideas envisioned by our designers and bringing them to life. You’ll be involved in the build of a range of exciting websites and applications, working closely with our design team to craft user-friendly experiences. You’ll be keen to learn and to help the agency stay ahead of the curve. You’ll keep informed of the latest trends and techniques in web development and identifying where new web technologies can be used.
What you’ll have... ideally
- An understanding of semantic HTML and accessibility
- Knowledge of writing CSS using preprocessors such as Sass
- Experience of working with APIs
- Experience building custom themes on WordPress
- Attention to detail when crafting quality user interfaces
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience with build systems such as Webpack and Gulp
- Knowledge of using Git and working with repositories to manage parallel development
- An interest in experimenting with new web technologies and methods
- 3+ years experience working in web development
A little bit about Pixel Fridge
We craft digital experiences by making websites and apps that people love.
We’re a down to earth company. We don’t bamboozle with jargon. We focus on what we do well, putting the user first and making websites and apps that are slick and intuitive.
We like to do work that makes us proud. If we’re not happy to talk to our friends and family about what we’re doing, then it’s not something we’re into.
People are everything to us, not just our own at Pixel Fridge, but the clients we choose to work with. After all, it takes a great team to make something special.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
We want to work with great people and we want them to enjoy working with us. Among other perks, we currently offer:
- Unlimited annual leave.
- A bi-annual ramble. We aim to take our team away up to twice a year for a bit of fresh air and a break from technology!
- We pride ourselves on being flexible. We’re all at home right now due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but our offices are normally found in both London and Exeter. We are happy for you to be based out of either, and take regular occasions to work from home, too.
How does that sound?
If you think this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact email@example.com with your cover letter and CV to start the application process.
No recruiters please!