Role type: Full-time
Location: Exeter or London
Start date: June 2021
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Experience: 1+ year(s) in a similar role
What you’ll be doing
As part of the design team at Pixel Fridge you’ll make sure that our our interfaces are intuitive and look great. Working in collaboration with the team, you’ll help get to the bottom of both client and audience needs, solving them through design.
You’ll need a keen eye for detail. You’ll be illustrating your design ideas using prototypes, mockups, style guides and other graphic user interface elements. After creating designs, you’ll work closely with our development team to ensure that they come to life in the way you envisioned.
You’ll play a key role in helping our agency stay ahead of the curve, keeping informed of the latest trends and techniques and identifying where new web technologies can be used in design.
- Getting involved in the discovery process to identify user and client needs.
- Creating low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes, to validate your ideas early.
- Progressing these into high-fidelity designs that clearly demonstrate how our websites and apps will look and behave.
- Developing and following visual standards for new and existing work. You’ll be setting rules for interface behaviour, typography, colour and UI styles.
- Presenting designs directly to our teams and clients, giving the rationale behind decision making.
- Testing designs and prototypes with real users.
- Working collaboratively with the project team to iterate designs, based on research findings and client feedback.
What you’ll have... ideally
- Proven experience with modern design and prototyping tools. Our team currently use Figma for UI design, but experience with Axure, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite is also a plus.
- A great portfolio that showcases your attention to detail when designing quality user interfaces.
- A basic understanding of web fundamentals, such as HTML and CSS.
- Examples of using using data and user insight to guide your design process.
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- An interest in experimenting with new technologies and ways of working.
- Some experience in creating original graphical assets, such as icons, illustrations and sketches is a nice to have.
A little bit about Pixel Fridge
We craft digital experiences by making websites and apps that people love.
We’re a down to earth company. We don’t bamboozle with jargon. We focus on what we do well, putting the user first and making websites and apps that are slick and intuitive.
We like to do work that makes us proud. If we’re not happy to talk to our friends and family about what we’re doing, then it’s not something we’re into.
People are everything to us, not just our own at Pixel Fridge, but the clients we choose to work with. After all, it takes a great team to make something special.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
We want to work with great people and we want them to enjoy working with us. Among other perks, we currently offer:
- Unlimited annual leave.
- A bi-annual ramble. We aim to take our team away up to twice a year for a bit of fresh air and a break from technology!
- We pride ourselves on being flexible. We have offices in London and Exeter. We are happy for you to be based out of either, and take regular occasions to work from home, too.
How does that sound?
If you think this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV to start the application process.
No recruiters please!